Laws exist to keep us safe and protect our rights as citizens. Even though laws are created for the people, they sometimes have unintended consequences and fail to protect us.
At Dagney Johnson Law Group, we want to hear what laws you think can be changed to help keep people more safe.
Scholarship Contest Overview
We are asking students to write a 300-400 word essay about the following:
If given the opportunity to change any law designed to keep people safe, which one would you pick and why?
We want students to explain how certain laws can be reworked to better safeguard people. For example, amending a law to offer citizens more protection in the way of civil liberties, and detail why they chose that particular law.
- Applicants must be high school seniors that are graduating in summer 2020; OR
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a university for the start of the fall 2020 semester.
- Deadline: Essays must be submitted by Tuesday, December 1, 2020.
- The winner of the contest will be notified no later than Wednesday, December 16, 2020.
- The winner of the contest will receive a $2,500 scholarship to put towards their college education.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, please complete the required information and submit your essay via the button below: